Monday, November 3, 2008

David Caruso - A different kind of nerd.

Every TV-show has its fans and detractors. However, nothing beats the unbiased opinion of a first time viewer!
Like the following which is a very throughly summary accumulating in the all-important question: "What the fuck is wrong with Icon of Idiocy, David Caruso?":

.....While CSI in its various forms has taken over the airwaves, as of yesterday afternoon, I still hadn't watched a single episode. But last night my daughter and son-in-law introduced me to CSI: Miami, and I have to say, I think they chose the wrong version of CSI to start me out with.
The first thing I noticed is that everyone -- and I mean everyone on the law enforcement side of the episode spoke in a hushed voice throughout the episode. It was so odd and unnatural and noticeable, I'm seriously wondering if there's a rule on set that no one can speak louder than David Caruso?
I spent the next few scenes wondering why Caruso wore that pinched gnome-like (strangely reminiscent of Jim Carrey as the Grinch) expression. Was he trying to be a Columbo-esque character? I still don't know if the expression is natural or acting.
But all of that paled after I saw Caruso deliver his first big one-liner. I don't remember what it was, and what he said isn't important. What is important is that he stood perpendicular to the camera, only the right side of his face exposed. The person he was supposed to be talking to supposedly stood where te camera was, while Caruso stared straight ahead. (If you're having trouble following, that means that Caruso is not even looking at the person he's talking to.)
The conversation went on for a couple of lines, and then Caruso delivered a zinging one-liner of some sort before throwing himself backwards out of the shot.
I mean, who does that?
In real life, that is?
Have you ever actually known someone who not only spent multiple conversations not looking at you, but who also repeatedly threw himself backwards to get out of the room?.....I just know that it was distracting enough to put me off CSI: Miami for good. "
**************************
Quote of the day - "I never have liked David Caruso. He has to be one of the most boring actors on TV." (http://ransaunthomas-thethomaspage.blogspot.com/2008/11/this-and-that.html)

No comments: