Tuesday, October 28, 2008

David Caruso's smell-the-fart-acting

Icon of Idiocy David Caruso not only has mastered the art of one-emotion-for-all he has also has mastered the art of smell-the-fart acting. At least according to one blogger who made our day with this hilariously funny/accurate blog-entry:

...David Caruso. Now obviously, he cannot help that he looks like a leprechaun and, obviously, a nicer person would not call attention to it. But he is a leprechaun, a glue-faced leprechaun, much more glued-faced than my long ago Glue-Faced Boy. He seems like a half-baked cake or like he was raised in a cave with Romulus and Remus. His face screams Vitamin D deficiency. I have loathed the man since the moment I first laid eyes on his drained undead face, in Jade, a movie I remember watching and hating, but a movie about which I could tell you nothing else today, other than those two things.
Watched it, hated it.
Particularly David Caruso. I know he was some kind of big deal in NYPD Blue, a show I never watched, but he was good enough, apparently, to be nominated for various awards here and there. Fine. I have no opinion about his days on that show. And if he really has the potential to be so good, so noteworthy, then what in the name of sweet baby Jesus is his excuse for his ongoing wretched performance as Horatio (pleease) Caine in CSI Miami?
Basically, “smell-the-fart acting” is a form of posing.
Actor’s “vogue”-ing, if you will. A kind of don’t be in the moment, be outside the moment watching yourself be awesome acting. Have an arsenal of tics and expressions rather than letting reactions happen organically in the moment. It’s a self-consciousness.
A cheat.
And a kind of insecurity, too, in my opinion.
You pose and strut and mug when you don’t know what else to do or how to make a moment work. You know, I mugged up a storm when I was in my first play in 5th grade but eventually I was forced to grow out of it by professors and directors who cared for me too much to let me continue on my artistically destructive path. And, to me, to my eye, David Caruso does nothing but pose on CSI Miami. I’ve watched enough of it — I have — to tell you exactly what he does, too, and it would drive me crazy to be in a scene with him.
Because he doesn’t look at people.
He never does......

********************************
http://palepage.com/?p=2558
********************************

Quote of the day - "...This redhead is just .."creepy"give him a william shatner acting award..(
http://perezhilton.com/2008-10-28-you-want-a-piece-of-him-take-a-number)

No comments: