Monday, March 17, 2008

David Caruso - One big Z-E-R-O

I love me some CSI: Miami.

And when I say I love me some CSI: Miami, I mean I love me some CSI: Miami. With it's ridiculous storylines, ham-fisted acting, shoestring Michael Bay cinematography, and damn-near nonexistent character development, it's the perfect example of how to do something bad oh-so-right.....

There is one reason above all else to check this show out........ You know who I'm talking about.

God's favorite.

DAVID F/N CARUSO.

Never before has there been such an alien human being featured as the main character for a major network television series. Caruso's Horatio Caine is the modern equivelent of the Tin Man - rusted, rigid, and seemingly without any real heart.

It's a great character for a terrible actor, because the character is actually made better by the fact that it features zero depth. With his curious affinity with sunglasses (which he puts on at just...the...right...time), and shoot-first-ask-later attitude, Horatio Caine is like this cliche' demigod; burning and chewing his way through scenery like some sort of Zen tornado.......
****************************************
********************************

No comments: