Wednesday, April 2, 2008

David Caruso's acting layers...


Why is David Caruso allowed to call what he does in CSI Miami "acting"? Seems like false advertising to me.
The nuances of Caruso's acting have more layers than a Passion Flakie :
  • Let's see, there's the "I say everything in a monotone because I think it makes me sound cool"- layer.
  • Then there's the "I'm overacting by underacting so you get the point REAL GOOD that I'm a cool dude" - layer.
  • Then there's the "I'm going to hold this significant look longer than the end of a soap opera scene" - layer.
  • Then there's the "I'm taking off my sunglasses right now because the thing I just said TOTALLY KICKED ASS" - layer. (This is not to be confused with the curiously similar, but emphaically different (to the trained eye)) "I'm putting on my sunglasses because what I just said WAS TOTALLY AWESOME."-layer.
I'm sure there are many more......
**********************
*************************
http://www.rabble.ca/babble/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic&f=4&t=001737
********************************************

No comments: